Builder who stabbed three street attackers to death in self defence now a free man as he faces no charges - Olofofo Voice | Top Naija 24/7 Gossip Hub

Mobile Menu

Powered by Blogger.

Top Ads

More News

logoblog

Builder who stabbed three street attackers to death in self defence now a free man as he faces no charges

Tuesday, October 20, 2020
A builder from India who was arrested in connection with the killing of three men, also of Indian origin, following a deadly knife fight on the streets of east London will not face any murder or manslaughter charges after a court ruled he was acting in self defence. Gurjeet Singh, 29, had been arrested by the Metropolitan Police in connection with the killing of three men namely Narinder Singh Lubhaya, 29, Harinder Kumar, 30, and Malkit Singh Dhillon a.k.a. Baljinder Singh, 37, back in January. The three murdered men (pictured below), originally from Punjab, tried to attack Gurjeet Singh at Seven Kings in Redbridge area of London and were killed in the ensuing street fight.  "Gurjeet Singh was arrested on January 20 on suspicion of murder. He was charged with possessing an offensive weapon in a public place and was remanded in custody to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court, where he pleaded not guilty," the Metropolitan Police said in a statement."He appeared for trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Wednesday, August 19 charged with being in possession of an offensive weapon in a public place. Following trial, the jury found him not guilty," the statement said. According to a source quoted by 'The Times', CCTV footage of the incident showed Singh fighting off the men when they attacked him. Mr Singh "went all Bruce Lee" as he defended himself. The men allegedly attacked Mr Singh over an "outstanding debt" related to a business deal gone wrong.  The night before the attack, there was a community event to celebrate the birth of a baby where there was a disagreement between the men. On the night of the attack, they waited for Mr Singh with weapons as he left the local gurdwara. Three out of the four men who waited to attack him were later found in pools of blood  The horrific attack had sent shockwaves around the community and led London Mayor Sadiq Khan to demand more government funding to tackle knife crime in the city during a visit to the scene of the stabbings in January."The horrific triple stabbing in Seven Kings in Redbridge last night is a tragic reminder of the evil scourge of knife crime that continues to plague our entire country," he said at the time. Singh suffered wounds while fending off the four armed assailants, including a 5-cm cut to the left side of the head, wound to his hand, a cut to the forehead and to the back of his head and what the court was told was "a crush injury" to the top of his head thought to have been sustained from a hammer.  One of the four, Sandeep Singh, a 29-year-old labourer from Romford in east London, was arrested and jailed for four years in August for wounding with intent. Officials also found out he had overstayed his visa and will be deported back to India after his sentence. His brother, Harpreet, 27, the appointed getaway driver on the night, was also found to be in the UK illegally and will be sent back to India after a 12-month jail sentence for the same offence. The post Builder who stabbed three street attackers to death in self defence now a free man as he faces no charges appeared first on Linda Ikeji Blog.

No comments:

Post a comment